Service Desk Technician
Have you tried turning it off and on again? - Roy, IT Crowd
Xterra Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Service Desk Technician to help with day-to-day IT operations. You’ll be providing a broad range of support services, handling questions ranging from the standard password resets to escalating outage issues to our Senior Engineers.
We are looking for that unique professional who thrives on solving problems and is excited about taking on challenges, working with clients, and keeping up with new technology. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective time management, and unbeatable customer service with exceptional communication skills.
Straight up, this job is demanding. While a typical service desk job may be learning the details of one corporate environment, you'll be encountering similar technologies across different businesses, each with its own setups, configurations, and policies. The learning curve is high, but the payoff is even higher as you'll see old and new technologies deployed across a broad range of business models. Your contributions have a direct impact on our clients' success.
Our mission is to build a talented, fun, masterful engineering team to deliver excellence in IT services. As long as you're committed, we can take you from this Service Desk role and propel you into an Admin, Engineer, or beyond!
• Provide remote desktop, server, and network support.
• Work with our remote monitoring and management (RMM) system to identify, prioritize, & resolve problems.
• Leverage our professional services automation (PSA) solution to manage support tickets, collaborate with internal staff and communicate with clients.
• Respond to incoming support requests and provide first call resolution/escalation
• Document and communicate incidents, outages, ticket status, and resolutions internally and externally, and escalate tickets appropriately.
• Identify critical issues, prioritize and respond to tickets to ensure customer SLAs are met.
• Provide proactive monitoring and maintenance on Xterra client networks, including but not limited to routine daily/weekly/monthly tasks, such as ensuring backups are complete successfully, and antivirus definitions are up to date.
• Perform security administration functions such as granting user access, data access, and remote access to users on-site or cloud-based systems.
• Create high-quality technical documents quickly and accurately.
• Provide after-hours and weekend support on a rotational basis.
The ideal candidate also has:
· 2+ years of hands-on experience within a technical Service Desk environment doing on-hand and remote support.
· Strong fundamental IT troubleshooting skills, and the ability to apply those skills to assist in troubleshooting a wide range of information systems and applications.
· A firm desire to consistently work as a vital part of the team with a primary focus on customer service and issue resolution.
· Demonstrable working experience with Windows and Apple Operating Systems, MS Office, and browsers.
· Smartphone hardware and OS support – Ex. iPhone and Android.
· Experience with basic computer repair, software patch management, Virus and malware removal, and remote access VPN.
· Basic working knowledge of networking concepts, local area networks, Wireless Technologies, and TCP/IP protocol.
· A background check is required
What you will learn at Xterra:
· Cisco networking
· WAN troubleshooting
· Wireless network administration
· Firewall administration
· VoIP phone administration
· Cloud management
· Microsoft Azure
· Office 365
· How to have fun while learning all of these technologies
About Xterra Solutions
Our mission is to build a talented, fun, masterful engineering team to deliver excellence in IT services. This means that our purpose is to develop our people to be the best in the industry and to have fun doing it. Training, learning, and growing is a major part of working at Xterra.
Xterra Benefits: 401K Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, and AD&D (100% paid by Xterra for employee and family).