Xterra Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Field Technician to help with day-to-day IT operations. You’ll be providing a broad range of support services, handling questions ranging from the standard password resets to escalating outage issues to our Senior Engineers.
We are looking for that unique professional who thrives on solving problems and is excited about taking on challenges, working with clients, and keeping up with new technology. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective time management, and unbeatable customer service with exceptional communication skills.
Straight up, this job is geared for growth. While a typical service desk job may be learning the details of one corporate environment, you'll be encountering similar technologies across different businesses, each with its own setups, configurations, and policies. The learning curve is high, but the payoff is even higher as you'll see old and new technologies deployed across a broad range of business models. Your contributions have a direct impact on our clients' success.
Our mission is to build a talented, fun, masterful engineering team to deliver excellence in IT services. As long as you're committed and are aligned with our core values, we can take you from this Service Desk role and propel you into an Admin, Engineer, or beyond!
· Provide level 2 systems & desktop support
· Work with our remote monitoring and management (RMM) system to identify, prioritize, resolve problems, and enhance our service offering to clients
· Leverage our professional services automation (PSA) solution to manage support tickets, collaborate with internal staff and communicate with clients
· Respond to incoming support requests and provide first call resolution/ escalation
· Document and communicate incidents, outages, ticket status, problem resolutions (internally and externally), and escalate tickets appropriately
· Identify critical issues, prioritize, and respond to tickets to ensure SLA’s are met
· Provide proactive monitoring and maintenance on Xterra client networks
· Train and stay current with technologies used in Xterra’s client environments
· Deliver high levels of client satisfaction
· Create high-quality technical documents quickly and accurately
· Provide after-hours and weekend support on a rotational basis and as needed
· Participate in projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Business Administration, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience is required.
· 5 years of hands-on experience within a technical environment providing onsite or remote support and customer service
· Incident & problem management experience and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT issues
· Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to apply those skills to assist in troubleshooting of a wide range of information systems and applications
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
· Two years of proficiency with the following core skills:
o Microsoft Active Directory. Exchange/Office 365, Scheduling & Print Services
o Operating System Platforms (Windows, macOS)
o Desktop Packaging/Management
· Desktop Operating System (Windows 10 & macOS)
· Firm desire to consistently work as a vital part of the team (no hot shots here!) with a primary focus on client service
· Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
· Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally to technical and business audiences
· Must be able to work effectively under pressure either independently or as a member of a team
· Assertive, highly motivated with a sense of urgency, providing a ‘Whatever it takes attitude to get the job done
· Self-motivated, resourceful, and ability to follow processes
· Proven aptitude to organize work efficiently and succeed in new environments
· Must be well-spoken, organized, detail orientated, dependable and flexible
· Excellent follow-up skills
· Located in and around San Francisco Bay Area
· This is not a remote position and primary job functions will require onsite presence at the Xterra office or client locations
· Background Check required
· Experience with onboarding new clients and users
· PowerShell Scripting experience
· Cloud Management – Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365
· Mobile Device Management (MDM) experience
· Microsoft Exchange Cloud management experience
· Prior service delivery experience using service delivery methodologies such as ITIL Service Support and Delivery.
· ITIL Foundation Certifications a plus.
· Work in a consulting services environment, Enterprise IT Operations, and prior start-up experience a plus.
· Ability to lead, motivate, and direct a workgroup, and influence others to achieve results.
· ConnectWise PSA experience
· Experience with Desktop Packaging/Management
· Experience with Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10)